Guidelines for e-News:
Items about the ceramic arts or NMPCA membership activities can be included in eNews. eNews is generally published on Wednesday or Thursday or on as as-needed basis. In order to insure timely sending of your message, please follow these simple guidelines:
Members please send your message via email to the eNews editor, email@example.com, at least 2 days before the required publication date.
Format your message as text in the email message or attach a word document. Please be sure to include your name, location and contact information.
1. Format your message the way it should be sent to the members. When using an email brake the message by lines or indicate Start Message and End Message.
2. When using Microsoft Word or Mac Pages, do not embed photos in the document but send as a separate attachment, jpg format is best. If a PDF document is used it will be as a link and not in the article. If your message is very long, it might make a good article for the Slip Trail.
3. Images can make your message more interesting to the recipients. One or two small images can be included in the message. They should be no larger than 200k bytes each. A good guideline is to make sure the image is no larger than 800 pixels in either direction. The eNews editor can size your image for you.
4. We cannot have attachments to your eNews article. If you want the recipients to have access to a document, such as a show application, provide a link in your message text where they can click to pick up the document on your website. (If you do not have a website and need to provide an expanded document to the members, you can create the document as a PDF file and it will be used as an link. the eNews editor can help you with this.
5. If you have a piece of equipment or other item you think would be of interest to our membership and want to post the item for sell. Please write a short to the point “ad” and include price, your name, where the item is located, if any transportation or aide of transportation would be offered, along with contact information.
6. Meet the member is a new Section for the eNews. It is a way to let member know about you and what is going on with your ceramics. We randomly select member to summit a short Bio and a landscape photo to go with the article.
For more information contact the eNews editor
Ericka Norris or Judy Nelson-Mooreenews@nmpotters.org